Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 large sourdough loaf
- 1 jar Goldcrest Sweet Pepper Relish
- 200g butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp chives, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Top tip – if you want this bread extra delicious & extra cheesy slip a few thin slices of mozzarella in between each slice before baking
- Preheat oven to 200˚C or prepare a braai.
- Cut deep slits in the loaf of sourdough avoiding going all the way through.
- Mix the butter, herbs and garlic in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Using a butter knife or an offset spatula, spread the garlic butter inside each slit.
- Make sure to really get in there and cover each slice generously.
- Using a teaspoon take dollops of Goldcrest Sweet Pepper Relish and spoon them in between the slices.
- Place loaf on a baking tray and top with the grated Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until deeply golden brown.
To cook on the braai:
- Wrap the entire loaf in tin foil and place on the braai for 20 minutes.
- Remove loaf from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with extra relish on the side for dipping.