Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 350g dry pasta – shells work really well to cling onto the pesto
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 140g jars Goldcrest Basil Pesto
- 1 cup ±125g peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups ± 250g asparagus spears, sliced
- 2 cups ±250g baby marrows, sliced
- 1 cup ±100g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 2 cups ±330g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon (1 Tbsp zest & 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 packed cup ±30g fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions.
- Strain out the pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar. Toss to coat and leave to cool completely.
- Blanche the peas and asparagus in the pasta water.
- Refresh them in ice water to retain their colour and dry once cool.
- Toss the marrows with a little olive oil and salt.
- Grill them on high heat until lightly charred and just tender.
- To the bowl of cooled pasta, add the 2 jars of Goldcrest Basil Pesto. Mix gently to coat.
- Fold in all the vegetables.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and season well. Mix.
- Finish with the fresh basil leaves and fold them in gently.
- Serve the pesto pasta salad on a beautiful serving platter and sprinkle it generously with parmesan shavings.