Tuna Lettuce Cups
Grilled Nectarine Salad
Cook time: 7 minutes | Prep time: 10 minutes
- 300g fresh tuna steak
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 Tbsp Goldcrest Honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh chilli, finely sliced (seeds removed if you want it mild)
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ½ fresh mango, cubed
- Sesame seeds & lime wedges for serving
- Brush tuna with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place a non stick pan over high heat and get it almost smoking hot.
- Sear the tuna for 1 minute per side and then immediately remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, orange zest, ginger, Goldcrest honey and chilli. Bring to a simmer and reduce until slightly thickened.
- On a serving platter arrange the individual butter lettuce leaves like little cups. Place a small amount of carrot, cucumber and mango in each one.
- Slice the tuna thinly and divide the slices between the lettuce cups. Spoon a generous amount of the honey glaze into each lettuce cup. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges.