Strawberry Pound Cake
- 225g butter
- 200g sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 240g flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 x tin GOLDCREST Strawberries, drained
For the glaze:
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180˚C and spray a non stick loaf tin with some cook & spray.
- Cream butter, sugar and lemon zest together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix until they are fully incorporated.
- Tip in flour, baking powder and salt. Add the drained strawberries and fold everything together lightly until just mixed through.
- Fill loaf tin with mixture and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze sift the icing sugar and then whisk in the lemon juice until fully dissolved.
- Cut little strips of lemon zest for garnish.
- When the cake is cool pour over the glaze and sprinkle with the lemon zest. Allow to set and then slice and serve.