Red Kidney Bean Salad with charred sweet corn, cucumber, spring onion, coriander, lime and feta
- 2 corn on the cob
- olive oil
- 1 can GOLDCREST kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup chopped of coriander
- ½ cups chopped spring onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- handful of micro greens
- coriander sprigs for garnish
For the dressing:
- 1 lime’s juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt, pepper & sugar to taste
- Blanch the corn in a pan of salted boiling water for 1 minute then put straight into ice water. Once cool drain and dry.
- Brush dried corn with olive oil and place in a very hot griddle pan. Allow each side of the corn to char then remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Remove the corn kernels with a knife.
- Slice the cucumber and spring onion and finely chop the coriander.
- To make the dressing add all the dressing ingredients in a small jug and mix well with a fork.
- In a bowl mix the GOLDCREST kidney beans, charred corn, cucumber, spring onion, coriander, micro greens and dressing and toss well.
Transfer onto a serving platter/bowl and crumble over the feta and garnish with a couple of coriander sprigs and enjoy!