Mandarin, candied beetroot, fennel and mint salad
- 2 cans of GOLDCREST Mandarin segments
- 3 bulbs of fennel
- 3 baby red beetroot
- 3 baby candied beetroot
- 3 baby yellow beetroot
- Lemon/lime for garnish
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp GOLDCREST honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a mandolin finely slice the fennel (reserving the fonds for garnish) and beetroot.
- Drain the GOLDCREST mandarin segments
- Make the dressing by placing all the ingredients in a small jug and mixing well with a fork.
- In separate small bowls toss each element of the salad in a little of the dressing. (so the colours don’t bleed)
- To serve place the fennel on the base of the a serving platter and then scatter over the beetroot disks and GOLDCREST mandarin segments.
- Garnish with fennel fonds and mint sprigs and lemon/lime wedges.