Lychee & Honey Pavlova
- 240g egg whites (about 8)
- 330g castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp GOLDCREST honey
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 300ml cream, very cold
- 2 Tbsp GOLDCREST honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tin GOLDCREST Lychees, drained
- 1 tin GOLDCREST Granadilla
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 120˚C. Use an oven thermometer to be 100% accurate about the temperature.
- Prep a baking sheet with a piece of baking paper. *tip: use a few dots of the meringue mixture to stick the baking paper to the tray
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment stark whisking the egg whites until they begin to get light and foamy. Very slowly stream the castor sugar into the egg whites. Whisk until they are very thick and glossy.
- Add the corn starch, honey and vinegar and mix for another few minutes.
- Scoop meringue mixture onto the baking tray and spread it out until about 20cm in diameter.
- Bake for 1 hour and then switch the oven off. Allow to cool completely in the oven.
- Just before serving whip the cream with the vanilla and honey.
- Top the pavlova with a generous layer of cream. Evenly spread out the drained lychees. Drizzle with granadilla pulp and then top with crunchy toasted coconut. Serve and eat immediately.