(Enough for 12 lamb loin chops)
- 12 lamb loin chops
- 1 jar Goldcrest – Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Cape Herb and Spice Mediterranean Herb Rub
- 125 g butter (cut into smaller blocks)
- fresh coriander
- 1 lemon
- Season the chops with the braai spice and braai over hot coals in your hinged grid until almost done. The chops are going back onto the fire again for a second round, The outside of the chops can start to brown and caramelise, but the inside should still be more on the raw side.
- Take the chops off from the grid and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and pesto into the mixing bowl with the warm chops and mix this well so that all the meat is covered in butter and pesto.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the chops and add half of the fresh coriander (chopped) and add to the chops.
- Place the chops back onto your hinged grid and braai for 2 – 4 minutes on each side until the meat is done and all the seasoning warm.
- Serve with extra lemon juice and fresh coriander.