Honey Braai Broodtjie
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 250g streaky bacon
- 8 slices sourdough
- 1 large round Camembert
- 2 apples, sliced
- Handful fresh thyme
- 5 Tbsp Goldcrest Honey
- Softened butter for spreading
- Fry bacon in a large non stick frying pan. Halfway through the cooking drizzle bacon with 1 Tbsp Goldcrest honey. Cook until crispy. Drain and set aside.
- Spread one side of 4 slices of bread with butter and place butter side down on a braai grid.
- Build the broodjies by layering the apple, bacon and camembert. Scatter each broodjie with fresh thyme leaves and then drizzle with 1 Tbsp honey on each one. Top with the other 4 slices of bread and butter the tops.
- Gently close the braai grid and braai the broodjies until they are golden brown and the cheese is hot and melty.
Serve straight away.