Honey Glazed Hasselback Butternut
Honey Roasted Warm Veg Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 large butternut
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Goldcrest Pure Honey
- 4 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220˚C.
- Place a rack in the top third of the oven.
- Halve the butternut lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Using a peeler, remove skin and layer of white flesh. Rub all over with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast in a baking dish side by side until a paring knife can easily be inserted into the flesh, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the sliced chilli, Goldcrest honey, butter, and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and stir the mixture until homogenous. Reduce for a few minutes until just thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Keep the glaze warm.
- Remove the butternut from the oven and using a very sharp knife, score the butternut crosswise, going as deep as possible but without cutting all the way through.
- Brush with the glaze and tuck bay leaves between a few of the slices.
- Return butternut to the oven and glaze every 10 minutes using a pastry brush. Roast and glaze for 45 minutes or until deeply golden brown, sticky and well glazed.
- Serve as a side with your favourite meal or as the main event with a dollop of yoghurt and a side salad.