Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: 6-8 as an appetizer
- 1 olive baguette
- 200g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Goldcrest Olive Pesto with Sundried Tomato, plus extra for topping
- *400g beef fillet
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Fresh radish slices
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
*This recipe is a perfect solution for festive leftovers. Beef roasts, lamb roasts, shredded cold turkey etc can all be used up for this moreish appetizer.
- Preheat oven on grill.
- Slice baguette on the bias. Brush both sides with a little olive oil.
- Place in the oven and grill until both sides are golden brown. ± 2 minutes per side.
- Combine cream cheese and Goldcrest Olive Pesto with Sundried Tomato.
- Mix well and set aside in the fridge.
- Rub the beef fillet with olive oil and season generously all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron pan on high heat.
- Sear the beef fillet on all sides. Cook until desired doneness.
- (For a perfect medium rare 54˚C internal temp.) Allow beef to rest until completely cool.
- For easy slicing- wrap beef in cling film and place in the freezer to firm up.
- Slice thinly.
- Assemble crostini with a generous smear of pesto cream cheese on each slice of baguette..
- Top with beef fillet, extra pesto, fresh radish and a sprinkling of chives.