Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Makes 1 20 x 20cm tin (16 squares)
- 2 cups / ±300g very finely crushed biscuits of choice (Gingernuts & Nuttikrust work very well)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tin Goldcrest Mango Slices
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Goldcrest Pure Honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon / lime juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
- 500g Lancewood Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 tin / 385g condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp Goldcrest Pure Honey
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup lemon juice / lime juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. Use two strips forming a cross in the pan so that you can easily lift the bars out.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Mix well.
- Press into baking tin and tamp down well.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown and cool.
- Drain Goldcrest Mango Slices and place in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Strain with a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine the mango puree, sugar, Goldcrest honey, lemon juice, cornstarch, whole egg and yolk in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 1 minute and then remove from the heat and place into a bowl covered with cling film. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer for ease- beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth, scraping down the sides a few times.
- Add Goldcrest honey, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla- mix well.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
- Pipe mango mixture in stripes over the cream cheese filling if you have a ziplock or piping bag.
- If not- dollop it over with a spoon.
- Gently swirl the mango curd into the cheesecake mixture with the back of a knife.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Gently lift the cheesecake out of the tin using the baking paper.
- Slice and serve.