Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 2 XL free-range eggs
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- ⅔ cup neutral oil
- ¼ cup Goldcrest Honey
- 1 ⅓ cups flour
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup / 50g toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp Robertson’s bicarb of soda
- ½ tsp Robertson’s baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g Lancewood cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Goldcrest Honey
- Pinch of salt
To make the cupcakes:
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Line a 12 cup cupcake tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the grated carrots, oil and Goldcrest honey. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fill cupcake tin evenly. An ice cream scoop works very well for this step!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
To make the icing:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- And the rest of the ingredients and beat until the icing sugar is completely incorporated.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled scoop icing into a piping bag fitted with a star tip or a ziplock bag if you don’t have one and snip one corner off.
- Pipe swirls of icing onto the cupcakes.
- Remember the heat of your hands will melt the icing in the bag so do this step quickly.
- Allow the icing to set and then serve!