Makes ± 18 – 20 crêpes (± 6 per recipe variation)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 extra large eggs
- 550ml milk
- 250g flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
Neutral oil, for cooking
- For the batter- combine eggs, milk, flour, melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Whisk together until smooth. (Or for ease and speed, use a blender and blend until smooth.)
- Heat a 24cm non stick pan over medium heat.
- Lightly grease with a paper towel dipped in neutral oil.
- Pour in 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter, swirling and tilting the pan to spread batter in a thin, even layer.
- Cook for about 20 seconds. Using a thin spatula, lift one edge of the crêpe. Grab that edge with your fingers and flip the crêpe. Cook on the second side for 10 seconds, then transfer to a plate.
- You want the crêpes lightly golden brown, do not overcook or they will become dry.
3 fun ways to serve them:
Goldcrest Granadilla, Crème Fraîche & Goldcrest Honey
Spread each crêpe with a dollop of crème fraîche. Drizzle over a generous amount of Goldcrest honey. Fold the crêpe up into quarters. Spoon over Goldcrest granadilla pulp and serve.
Goldcrest Pitted Black Cherries, Whipped Cream & Icing Sugar
Whip cream with a little honey or icing sugar to sweeten. Add a dash of vanilla paste if desired. Fold crêpes and dollop with whipped cream. Top with halved Goldcrest black cherries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Crêpes Suzette with Goldcrest Mandarin Segments
For the sauce:
- 160ml fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp Grand Marnier or any other orange liqueur
- 100g sugar
- 1 Tbsp Goldcrest honey
- 90g cold butter, cut into cubes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tin Goldcrest Mandarin Segments, drained
- Zest of 1 orange, cut into thin strips
- Combine orange juice, Grand Marnier, sugar and honey in a saucepan.
- Whisk until the sugar has melted and the mixture begins to simmer.
- Simmer until slightly thickened and then add the butter a few cubes at a time.
- Whisk until all the butter has been incorporated.
- Add 1 tin of Goldcrest Mandarin Segments.
- Simmer. Add 6-8 folded crêpes to the pan and the orange zest.
- Simmer until the crêpes are well saturated with the orange sauce and serve warm.