Fig and apple crumble
- 2 cans of GOLDCREST figs
- 3 golden delicious apples
- 1 1/2 cup dry oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoonsshredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup GOLDCREST honey
- 2 tablespoonscoconut oil
- 2 teaspoonsvanilla extract
- vanilla ice-cream
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Drain the GOLDCREST figs. Peel and thinly slice the apple, and add it to the same bowl. Toss to combine, then transfer to the baking pan.
- Place the oats, flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and chopped walnuts in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the GOLDCREST honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Stir often until the mixture is evenly combined and melted.
- Spoon 2 tablespoonsof the honey mixture directly on top of the fruit. Pour the rest of the honey mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until evenly combined.
- Spoon the crumble on top of the fruit. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool before enjoying.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and icing sugar for dusting