Quick Gazpacho soup
- 2 cans of GOLDCREST Tomato & onion mix
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 inches of cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a small red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño or hot red chili
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 lime
- croutons for garnish
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Put a strainer over a medium bowl. Open the cans of GOLDCREST tomato & onion mix and pour them into the strainer over a bowl. To the strained juices add 2 cups of ice cubes. Set aside. Put the strained GOLDCREST tomatoes & onion mix into a food processor and blend until smooth and then place in a new bowl.
- Chop the cucumber, bell pepper and red onion and add them to the blended GOLDCREST tomato & onion mix. Seed and mince the jalapeñ Mince the garlic clove. Add them both to the tomatoes along with the olive oil, cumin, Worcestershire, salt and black pepper. Juice the lime and add it as well.
- Transfer 2 cups of the vegetable mixture to a blender along with the drained juices and any unmeltedice cubes. Puree. Mix the puree in with the vegetables. Add another cup of ice and stir well. Ladle into bowls (avoiding transferring any unmelted iced cubes).
- Garnish with basil leaves and croutons on the side.