White Asparagus cream soup
- x2 400g can GOLDCREST asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400ml chicken stock
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- herbs & edible flowers for garnish
- pastry cheese straw
- In the soup pot, melt the butter with the oil. Add onion, cooking until transparent.
- Add garlic and thyme, cook for a couple minutes until they smells aromatic. Remove the thyme sprig.
- Put the GOLDCREST cans of asparagus and little of the liquid in a blender to puree. Add the pureed asparagus and chicken broth to the pot. Heat through.
- Add cream to the pot, being careful not to allow it to boil.
- Add back to the blender if you want to achieve a smoother soup
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Garnish with pastry cheese straws.