Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 large zucchini / courgette (or 4 small)
- 170ml white wine vinegar
- 170ml water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 400g baby sweet potatoes, scrubbed & halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mixed quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 4 small radish, thinly sliced
- 200g baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 ripe avocado
- Handful mixed sprouts
Goldcrest Pesto Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp Goldcrest Tomato, Chilli & Garlic Pesto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Safari Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare your vegetables and quinoa.
- Slice zucchini very thinly. (Using a mandolin if you have one)
- Place sliced zucchini in a jar.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir to make sure the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Pour pickling liquid over the zucchini, seal and place in the fridge to cool. (Pickled zucchini can be made several days in advance)
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Combine chickpeas and sweet potatoes on a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper & smoked paprika. Roast for ± 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chickpeas are golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Cook rinsed quinoa in simmering stock on low heat with the lid on until it has absorbed all of the stock and is tender, ±15-20 minutes. If you run out of stock too soon add a little extra.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Blanch tenderstem broccoli in boiling salted water and then plunge into an ice bath.
- Dry on a clean dish cloth and roughly chop.
- For the Goldcrest Pesto Vinaigrette – combine all the ingredients together and whisk well.
- Set aside for serving.
To assemble the bowls:
- Create a bed of baby spinach. Top with some quinoa, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, broccoli and pickled zucchini.
- Cut avocado in quarters and top each bowl with a piece in the centre.
- Scatter the bowls with sliced radish and sprouts.
- Drizzle with Goldcrest Pesto Vinaigrette and serve.