Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Goldcrest Honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup Greek-style plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup mixed seeds
- 100g feta cheese
- 100g mixed baby greens
- Prepare your braai.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Rub them with a little olive oil and salt.
- Wrap tightly in foil individually.
- Place on the braai to cook, turning every 5-10 minutes, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and let cool slightly.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, bring honey, vinegar, salt and chilli flakes to the boil in a small saucepan over medium-high. (you can also do this straight on the braai in a cast iron pan) Reduce heat, and simmer until just beginning to thicken. Set aside.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Braai, cut side down, until lightly charred. Glaze the skin whilst cut side down then flip and glaze the charred side. Transfer to a tray and brush with the rest of the honey glaze.
- Lightly toast the mixed seeds in a hot dry pan.
- Swish yoghurt onto a serving platter. Arrange sweet potatoes on top of the yoghurt.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Top with greens, crumbled feta and toasted seeds.
- Serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon or lime juice.