Blueberry & Honey Cheesecake Jars
Makes 4-6 jars
- 2 x 400g tins GOLDCREST Blueberries
- ⅓ cup GOLDCREST honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 100g sweet biscuits of your choice
- 40g ground almonds
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese
- 140g greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh mint
- Drain the blueberries and add them to a medium sized pot along with the honey and lemon juice. Whisk the water and cornstarch together and add that to the pot. Bring to a simmer and stir constantly. Break down some of the berries with the spatula. Simmer until it becomes thick and jammy. Allow to cool and place in the fridge.
- Crush biscuits in a food processor or in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin. Add them to a mixing bowl along with the ground almonds and melted butter. Mix until you achieve a wet sand consistency. Set aside.
- Beat or whisk the cream cheese, yoghurt, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla together until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Using some small jars layer the biscuit mixture onto the bottom of each jar. Press down. Top with the cream cheese mixture and then finally the blueberry compote. Place in the fridge to cool before serving. Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!