Basil Pesto Chicken Toastie
Makes 1 incredibly delicious toasted sandwich
- 1 small chicken breast
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp garlic flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 6 slices low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 4 sundried tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Goldcrest Basil Pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drizzle chicken breast with olive oil and season with dried herbs, garlic and salt.
- Grill chicken until cooked through but nice and juicy.
- Set chicken aside to rest and then shred with two forks.
- Place shredded chicken in a bowl and add in the pesto. Mix.
- Spread butter onto one side of sourdough and flip.
- Spread 3 slices of mozzarella onto the piece of bread and top with the pesto chicken.
- Add on the sundried tomatoes and then the final layer of mozzarella.
- Top with the second piece of bread and butter it well.
- Place sandwich into a non-stick frying pan on a very low heat. Fry until deeply golden brown on both sides. (Top the frying pan with a lid or metal bowl during the cook to get maximum cheese meltiness!)
- Once the bread is well toasted and the cheese is gooey and delicious slice straight away and enjoy!